I am a Junior Professor in the Data and Web Science Group at the School of Business Informatics and Mathematics of the University of Mannheim. Before that, I was an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at the Humboldt University of Berlin as part of the Databases and Information Systems Group of Matthias Weidlich. In January 2018, I received a PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, supervised by Hajo Reijers and Henrik Leopold. Earlier, I received a MSc. degree in Business Information Systems (2013) as well as a BSc. degree in Industrial Engineering (2010) from the Eindhoven University of Technology. I was a visiting research at the TECHNION – Isreal Institute of Technology in November 2016 and at the Vienna University of Economics and Business from June to August 2013.
I currently hold a junior professorship in Artificial Intelligence Methods, funded by the Künstliche Intelligenz Baden-Württemberg initative. My research focuses on the development of automated methods for process analysis, driven by tailored artificial intelligence techniques. My work has, among others, been published in IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Decision Support Systems, and Information Systems.
- February 2021: Happy to have three papers accepted for CAiSE’21, on semantic event log analysis, recommendations for process modelers, and the recognition of hand-drawn BPMN models.
- November 2020: Our paper on the assessment of compliance between process models and regulatory documents received the best student paper award at ER2020.
- October 2020: Our article on Sampling and Approximation Techniques for Efficient Process Conformance Checking, co-authored with Martin Bauer and Matthias Weidlich, has been accepted to the special issue of Information Systems on selected papers from BPM’19.
- September 2020: Happy to have Alexander Kraus on board at our research chair as the second PhD candidate under my supervision
- July 2020: Joint work with Karolin Winter, Stefanie Rinderle-Ma, and Matthias Weidlich on the assessment of compliance between process models and regulatory documents was accepted for the International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER).
- July 2020: Happy to have Adrian Rebmann join our research chair as the first PhD candidate under my supervision
- June 2020: Our article on process conformance checking for partially ordered event data has been accepted for Decision Support Systems, co-authored with Henrik Leopold and Matthias Weidlich.
- June 2020: Joint work with Stephan Fahrenkrog-Petersen and Matthias Weidlich, concerned with privacy-preserving event log publishing, was accepted for the International Conference on Business Process Management.
- April 2020: Our article in IEEE Transactions on Knowledge And Data Engineering (TKDE) on Efficient Process Conformance Checking on the Basis of Uncertain Event-to-Activity Mappings, co-authored with Henrik Leopold and Hajo Reijers, has been published.
- April 2020: I have joined the University of Mannheim as a junior professor in the Data and Web Science Group of the School of Business Informatics and Mathematics
- February 2020: Our article on Interval-based Queries over Lossy IoT Event Streams has been accepted for the special issue on Retrieving and Learning from Internet of Things Data of the ACM Transactions on Data Science
- December 2019: Henrik Leopold and I gave a tutorial at the IEEE Big Data conference regarding Process Mining: Leveraging Event Data to Understand and Improve Organization
- December 2019: I visited the ISA Group of the University of Sevilla and gave a talk regarding the Challenges and Opportunities of Natural Language Processing in Business Process Management
- September 2019: Our paper on Estimating Process Conformance by Trace Sampling and Result Approximation was nominated for the best paper award at the International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM’19)