I am a Junior Professor in the Data and Web Science Group at the School of Business Informatics and Mathematics of the University of Mannheim, funded by the Künstliche Intelligenz Baden-Württemberg initative. In this role, I lead the research group on Process Analytics. As of October 2021, I am also a visiting professor at the LAMSADE at the Université Paris Dauphine.Before joining the University of Mannheim in April 2020, I was an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at the Humboldt University of Berlin as part of the Databases and Information Systems Group of Matthias Weidlich. In January 2018, I received a PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, supervised by Hajo Reijers and Henrik Leopold. Earlier, I received a MSc. degree in Business Information Systems (2013) as well as a BSc. degree in Industrial Engineering (2010) from the Eindhoven University of Technology. I was a visiting research at the TECHNION – Isreal Institute of Technology in November 2016 and at the Vienna University of Economics and Business from June to August 2013.
My research focuses on the development of automated methods for process analysis, driven by tailored artificial intelligence techniques. Among others, my work has been published at the international conferences on Business Process Management (BPM), Advanced Information System Engineering (CAiSE), Management of Data (SIGMOD), and Data Engineering (IEEE ICDE), as well as in journals such as IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Decision Support Systems, and Information Systems
- April 2022: Our paper on the use of trace clustering for informative user behavior mining has been accepted for ECIS 2022.
- April 2022: Our paper on the use of label semantics for activity recommendation in business process modeling has been accepted for Information Systems.
- March 2022: We are again organizing a mini-track on Business Process Technology at HICSS-56. Papers are due on June 15.
- January 2022: Happy to be an organizer of the 1st International Workshop on Natural Language Processing for Business Process Management (NLP4BPM), which will be co-located with the BPM conference.
- December 2021: Our book chapter on the identification of candidates for RPA has been published in Blockchain and Robotic Process Automation
- November 2021: Our paper on constraint-driven abstraction of event logs has been accepted for the 38th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2022)
- November 2021: Our paper on semantics-aware anonymization of event logs received the best student paper award at ICPM’21.
- October 2021: I will join the LAMSADE at the Université Paris Dauphine in Paris, France, as a visiting professor.
- September 2021: Our latest work on privacy-preserving process mining was accepted for ICPM’21
- June 2021: Our paper on the detection of semantic execution anomalies in business processes has been accepted for Information Systems.
- May 2021: We will be giving a tutorial on declarative process mining at the BPM Conference in September 2021.
- March 2021: Our paper on the efficient integration of remote data in event stream processing was accepted for SIGMOD’21.
- February 2021: Happy to have three papers accepted for CAiSE’21, on semantic event log analysis, recommendations for process modelers, and the recognition of hand-drawn BPMN models.