I am a Junior Professor at the School of Business Informatics and Mathematics of the University of Mannheim, where I lead the research group on Process Analytics.Before joining the University of Mannheim in April 2020, I was an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at the Humboldt University of Berlin as part of the Databases and Information Systems Group of Matthias Weidlich. In January 2018, I received a PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, supervised by Hajo Reijers and Henrik Leopold. Earlier, I received a MSc. degree in Business Information Systems (2013) as well as a BSc. degree in Industrial Engineering (2010) from the Eindhoven University of Technology. I was a visiting professor at the Paris Dauphine University (2021/2022), as well as a visiting researcher at the TECHNION – Isreal Institute of Technology (2016) and the Vienna University of Economics and Business (2013).
My research focuses on the development of automated methods for process analysis, driven by tailored artificial intelligence techniques. Among others, my work has been published at the international conferences on Business Process Management (BPM), Advanced Information System Engineering (CAiSE), Management of Data (SIGMOD), and Data Engineering (IEEE ICDE), as well as in journals such as IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions onf Software Engineering, Decision Support Systems, and Information Systems
- March 2023: Our conference paper on unsupervised task recognition based on user interaction streams has been accepted for CAISE 2023.
- March 2023: Our journal paper on optimal event log sanitization for privacy-preserving process mining has been accepted for Data & Knowledge Engineering.
- February 2023: Our conference paper on the use of sequence-to-sequence models for activity recommendation has been accepted for ESWC 2023.
- January 2023: Our journal paper on semantics-aware anonymization of event logs has been accepted for the ICPM’21 Special Issue of Information Systems
- November 2022: Our journal paper on neural network-based recognition of hand-drawn images of BPMN models has been accepted for IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE)
- October 2022: I’m happy to be co-organizing the 24th edition of BPMDS, co-located with CAISE 2023
- August 2022: Our conference paper comparing the capabilities offered by various process automation vendors has been accepted for HICSS 2023.
- July 2022: Our extended journal paper on the automated annotation of semantic information in event logs has been accepted for the CAISE’21 Special Issue of Information Systems.
- May 2022: Our conference paper on the extraction of object-centric event data from classical event logs has been accepted for BPM 2022.
- April 2022: Our conference paper on the use of trace clustering for informative user behavior mining has been accepted for ECIS 2022.
- April 2022: Our journal paper on the use of label semantics for activity recommendation in business process modeling has been accepted for Information Systems.
- March 2022: We are again organizing a mini-track on Business Process Technology at HICSS-56. Papers are due on June 15.
- January 2022: Happy to be an organizer of the 1st International Workshop on Natural Language Processing for Business Process Management (NLP4BPM), which will be co-located with the BPM conference.